Hamlin’s Marina, established in 2006, is a family operated boat dealership, marina, and service center on the Penobscot River in Hampden, Maine. Dan and Katie Higgins share ownership with Dave and Chris Hamlin who established Hamlin’s Marine in Waterville in 1984.
Interesting facts about Hamlin’s Marina; http://www.hamlinsmarina.com
- 10,000 Sq. Foot Indoor Boat Showroom; http://www.hamlinsboatyard.com
- 32,000 Sq. Foot Service & Storage Center
- Fiberglass Repair, Paint Booth, Gas/Diesel Repair, Fabrication
- 31 Slips on the Penobscot River; expanding to 70 over the next 5 years
- On Site Restaurant, McLaughlin’s at the Marina, bar/restaurant/private parties
- Boat lines: Scout, Eastern, Sweetwater, Aqua Patio, San Pan, Hurricane, Mastercraft, Polar Kraft, Achilles, Rinker, & Skeeter
- Engine lines: Yamaha (#1 dealership in Northeast 2011 & 2012), Honda, Mercruiser, & Yanmar Diesels
- Home of Puffin Boats, LLC; http://www.puffindinghies.com
The business expanded to Frankfort, where Dale partnered with his brother-in-law, Billy Doyle. Together, Dale and Billy manufactured over 3000 dinghies that ended up in harbors across the world. Eventually, Dale left the operation and went back to building wooden boats, his first love.
- Utility Series: Puffin Dingies as the world knows them today. They will continue to be available in 7', 8', and 10'.
- Designer Series: 10' (Sail, Motor, Row) using classic construction historically used by the Cottrell family. These models will have the classic grey interior and wooden rails. The Designer series will be available with an optional High Definition vinyl decorative wrap.
- Conservation Series: Same as designer series, except vinyl wraps will have Puffin themes such as polka dot (black & orange), zebra stripes (black & orange), and Puffin heads. For each boat sold, we will make a donation to Project Puffin.
Post a Comment